Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Funeral This Morning

I went to a funeral this morning and received a word of encouragement. I didn't expect it. I actually was rather unenthusiastic about going. Most people usually are, but previous to this morning I wanted to go to show support for the wife of the deceased.

This morning happened and I really did not want to do anything. I go in and out of depression, and this morning like the last few weeks I woke up in it. As I began my day I was hit continuously by situations that shoved, pushed, and kicked me lower. Somehow I made it to the funeral.

It was, figuratively, just what the doctor ordered. From the beginning there was 'Hallelujah' singing. By the end of the tributes and praises session I was feeling a lot calmer, relieved and somewhat happy. (Yes, there was a praise session: boisterous singing; clapping; hand raising; the  works. The type of praising I like.)

The sermon began and it was as though the pastor was having a conversation with me. As I thought various things he responded to them directly, and added more. The additions touched me as well. Some of them were just re-affirmations I needed, and others were things I would have gotten to later.

That funeral service was necessary for my upliftment. I hope it helps you too. Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment